In 1986 Jim Gray walked into the Bear Cover shop in Arizona and spotted a Blockhead Meaning of Life board on the wall and thought it was really unique and super f’n cool and wondered “who the hell makes these?”. Soon afterwards Jim strolled by the tiny Blockhead booth on the outskirts of the ASR Trade Show, checked out the other Blockhead boards and told Dave how stoked he was on them and the rest is history. Jim could then be found ripping around on his new Blockhead model at the Pipeline, Nude Bowl, Sadlands, the Blockhead ramp or traveling around the world. This first batch of 100 boards will have the Blockhead 30 year anniversary logo laser burned on the top and will be signed by Jim and hand numbered. This Jim Gray graphic was originally on 6-ply epoxy/ glass decks made by Uncle Wiggley (painted) and then later on 7-ply decks made by Madrid (stained and natural). The iconic artwork is of course by the legendary Ron Cameron. These are made from the epoxy/ glass construction which is much more expensive thus the premium pricing (also includes limited sticker).
• Deck Colors: 60 Florescent pink paint, natural edges, 40 White dip.
• Hand screen printed graphics (colors as shown)
• Top: Laser burn 30 year logo, signed by Jim and hand numbered (only first 100).
• Dimensions: 10.125 x 30.75”, 15.125” wheelbase, 6.75” tail, 3.75” nose
• Construction: 6-ply maple, 2-ply fiberglass, epoxy glue
• Hole Pattern: Old School
• Manufactured by Watson Laminates, San Diego CA
• Original release date 1987, Reissue date 2015
• Includes special Jim Gray sticker only available with this deck, printed at Jim’s Inkgenda factory.
Shipping late September