- Deck Stain colors: 1. 30 Black 2. 35 Aqua Blue 3. 35 Green
- Screen printed graphics: white, gray, orange/yellow, magenta.
- Top: Laser burn 30 year logo, Screen printed Blockhead logo, signed by Omar and Ron
- Dimensions: 10 x 32”, 14.5” or 15.25 variable wheelbase, 6.875 tail, 5.5” or 4.75” nose
- Old School hole pattern
- Construction: 7-ply maple
- Manufactured by Watson Laminates, San Diego CA
Original release date mid 1990, Reissue date 2015
- Only the first 100 produced will be signed and numbered
The August 1990 Blockhead ad read “Why is Omar Hassan pro at 16? Hmm... I wonder... The ad featured Omar’s first graphics, the “Magic Carpet”, Omar was also featured on the cover. Omar’s insane antics at the Blockhead Ramp while filming for Splendid Eye Torture cemented the decision to turn him pro at such a young age and as you all know, things worked out just fine.
The Magic Carpet graphics were inked by Ron Cameron who by that time was a well known and respected skate artist (and not just a kid with a notebook of doodles). The graphic pays tribute to Omar’s heritage, there were two other renditions of the Magic Carpet in a diamond and oval shape...but the rectangle was the first one.
This first batch of 100 boards will have the Blockhead 30 year anniversary logo laser burned on the top and will be signed by Omar and Ron. The original boards were pressed by Taylor-Dykma in San Diego who are no longer in business, the reissues will also be manufactured in San Diego at Watson Laminates. To keep it real there’s no crappy heat transfers on these reissues, just real old fashioned screen printing!