Deck Colors: 60 Florescent pink paint with natural edges, 40 White dip
- Screen printed graphics: white, yellow, blue/green fade, black.
- Top: Laser burn 30 year logo, signed by Sam and Ron
- Dimensions: 9.875 x 31”, 15.5” wheelbase, 6.625” tail, 3.875” nose
- Old school hole pattern
- Construction: 6-ply Canadian maple, 2-ply fiberglass, epoxy glue
- Manufactured by Watson Laminates, San Diego CA
- Original release date late1986 or early 1987, Reissue date 2015
- Only first 100 produced will be signed and numbered
There’s been a lot of rad dudes out Sacramento over the years but in the mid 80’s Sam Cunningham was the top dog...backyard ramps, pools, ditches, banks or street, Sam murdered them all! Sam’s first board the “gooey man” or “sticky man” was released in mid 1986 with some modified “clip art” graphics.
Young street skater Ron Cameron who had just gotten on the Blockhead team told Dave he liked to draw, showed him some sketchbooks of his bored school day doodles and the rest is history. Late in 1986 Ron inked the iconic “Sam Face” AKA "Evil Eye" that would be used for the next couple years on at least 4 other graphics including the popular “Good Sam”.
This first batch of 100 boards will have the Blockhead 30 year anniversary logo laser burned on the top and will be signed by Sam and Ron. This Sam graphic was originally on 6-ply epoxy/ glass decks made by Uncle Wiggley (painted) and then on 7-ply decks made by Madrid (stained and natural). We only have plans to do the painted pink decks this one time, they will be made from the epoxy/ glass construction which is much more expensive thus the premium pricing.